Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Make a difference in someone else's life" Movie!

Did you find that movie the way I found it myself! Did it affect you the way it affected me?Isn't that something?. It was really exciting and it must be more exciting to Mrs Thomson as she has experienced it herself!
What could be more exciting in one's life than making a difference in somebody else's life?. At the beginning when I was watching the movie, I had the same attitude towards Teddy as Mrs Thomson. But, as I discovered the true story of Teddy and what lays behind his indifference at the beginning, I become more sympathetic and I understood his situation very well.
What was more exciting is that the relationship between Teddy and his teacher; Mrs Thomson went beyond the classroom environment, it becomes a mother-son relationship! It was also a kind of an awareness and awakening to Mrs. Thomson as she realized that she doesn't know how to teach until she met Teddy!!. This means that learning doesn't only mean that students can learn from their teachers, but teachers can learn from their students as well.
To be a teacher like Mrs Thomson makes you a special teacher and unforgettable by your students, so think of making a difference in your students' life:-)

1 comment:

  1. As a teacher, I have a Teddy. I think we all will at some point.

    My favorite part of this video is when she says she stopped teaching "reading, etc.... and started teaching students."

    What a wonderful philosophy. :)

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete