Thursday, April 16, 2009

Videos!

Personally, I do believe that visuals are more helpful than the print media. For example, when I have a book to read, I find it more attractive to see the movie than to read the book!. In other words, when I start reading a book especially when it is a long book, I sometimes find myself losing track the fact that takes me back to the previous pages to read them again. However, while watching the movie, I am fully concentrating and it is that kind of suspense to see the following events is what cateches my attention and everybody elses's attention I guess.
Movies have a tendency to make people get the message quicker and do not forget the content, that's why sometimes at school, teachers insist to show us the book in a movie, so they make sure we better understand it and not to forget it.
I really liked the movies that were presented in modules 8 and 9 especcially the "Introducing the Book" movie which was very funny:-). It reminds of myself the first time I was trying to use the computer. I was overwhelmed with the fear of accessing a new technology, but later on when I discovered the benefits of that machine that I was doubtful to use at the beginning, I was really excited and happy to learn a new method about how to do things faster and more efficient.
"Special Education and Social Networking" was very intersting in the way that the teacher was devoted to help disabled kid to have access to new technologies so that they could have better jobs just like the other regular students. However, more care should be given to those kids as they might fall in the wrong use of some sites or be victims of deceitful people who may take advantage of the higher risk of being more vulnerable to such kind of practices!

No comments:

Post a Comment